Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies TUKE with a seat in Prešov, Slovakia
was born on 20th August 1975 in Vyškov na Moravě, and completed university education at the Department of Management and Environmental Science of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies in Prešov, of Technical University in Košice. In 2004 he defended the PhD thesis in the branch of machinery technology and materials. In 2008 he was appointed a senior lecturer in the branch of manufacturing technologies. He is an author of more than 300 publications published in 21 countries of the world. He gives regular lectures at the Institute of Geonics of Academy of Sciences in Ostrava, Institute of Physics of VŠB TU in Ostrava, in TFH in Wildau (Germany) at the Mechanical Engineering Faculty in Slavonski Brod (Croatia) and at Marmara University in Istanbul (Turkey), Koszalin University of Technology (Poland), Opole University of Technology (Poland), University of Salerno (Italy).
He attended professional and research residencies in companies engaged in development, operation of technological systems by abrasive water jet cutting at the Institute of Geonics of Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic in Ostrava. He is a co-author of three patents and industrial designs. Awards:
- 2008 he won a competition “Werner von Siemens Excellence Award 2008” for the best research work “Theoretical Processing and Basic Project of Operational Application of Automated Control of Abrasive Wate Jet Cutting of Technical Materials”.
- 2008 he received award from the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Union of Scientific Associations, Club of Science Journalists, Slovak Syndicate of Journalist as “The Scientist of the Year 2008” in the category of young scientist
- 2009 within the competition Innovative Design of the Year 2009 for the work “Quality Management of Surfaces Formed by Abrasive Water Jet Cutting by Means of Vibrations and Sound”.
- 2010 the Scientific Grant Agency VEGA granted him a certificate for the most significant outcomes achieved in solution of projects completed in 2009.
- 2011 the paper “Concept of abrasive water jet technology using at orthopedic surgery during total hip replacement” was awarded at conference Waterjet 2011 as a best paper and best presentation.
- 2012 he was awarded for the best presentation at international conference TEAM in Slavonski Brod.
- 2013 he was awarded Fellowship of J. E. Purkyně by Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
- 2015 the Scientific Grant Agency VEGA granted him a certificate for the most significant outcomes achieved in solution of projects completed in 2014.
- 2015 he was awarded as best researcher at the field of technology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Union of Scientific Associations, Club of Science Journalists, Slovak Syndicate of Journalist.
He was lead manager of following many succesfull projects. Now he is contact person and project manager for the international and national projects: Pulsating Water Jet as an Orthopaedic technique without thermal and mechanical damage of large joints with minimal tramuatizing impact on patient part financed by the European Union (Danube Region Project Fund), APVV-0207-12 Abrasive Water Jet and Material Interaction Monitoring Using Vibration and Acoustic Emission. He is employed on following international projects: Institute of clean technologies for mining and utilization of raw materials for energy use, reg. no. CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0082 supported by the Research Development for Innovations Operational Programme financed by the Structural Funds of the European Union and the state budget of the Czech Republic, Flexible manufacturing of customized spinal orthoses – OrtoFLEX.
He became a member of the committee for the PhD. study at Mechanical Engineering Faculty in Slavonski Brod.
He is a member of editorial boards of international journals, Technical Gazette, Journal of Naval Science and Engineering, The Open Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Journal in the United Arab Emirates. He is a member of the Convocation of the Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies in Prešov of Technical University in Košice. (Hirsh index = 12, under WoK). He has two children Timotej and Sara.